This Complete List Of Bobby And The Midnights Albums And Songs presents the full discography of Bobby And The Midnights studio albums. Bobby And The Midnights was a side project of Grateful Dead’s guitarist and songwriter Bob Weir. The band Bobby And The Midnights was first formed in 1981 The group Bobby And The Midnights hailed from the area of San Francisco, California. All these impressive Bobby And The Midnights albums have been presented below in chronological order. We have also included all original release dates with each Bobby And The Midnights album as well as all original Bobby And The Midnights album covers. Every Bobby And The Midnights album listed below showcases the entire Bobby And The Midnights album tracklisting.
BOBBY AND THE MIDNIGHTS STUDIO ALBUMS
Bobby And The Midnites
Released October 21, 1981
The band’s debut album was fueled by two Grateful Dead members. Bob Weir was the head of this project and he was joined by Grateful Dead keyboardist Brent Mydland. At the time Brent Mydland had just joined the Grateful Dead in 1979. Also in the band was legendary drummer Billy Cobham. The great drummer formed a rhythm section io]n the band with another jazz legend bassist Alphonso Johnson. Rounding out the group was Matt Kelly on harmonica and backing vocals.
CD Track Listings:
- “Haze” (Brent Mydland, Essra Mohawk, Bob Weir, Bobby Cochran, Matthew Kelly)
- “Too Many Losers” (Cochran, Weir) – 3:50
- “Far Away” (Weir, Cochran, Kelly) – 3:34
- “Book of Rules” (Harry Johnson, Barry Llewellyn) – 3:31
- “Me, Without You” (John Perry Barlow, Alphonso Johnson) – 3:12
- “Josephine” (Weir) – 6:11
- “(I Want to) Fly Away” (Barlow, Weir) – 3:55
- “Carry Me” (Weir) – 4:27
- “Festival” (Weir) – 4:59
Where the Beat Meets the Street
Released August 1984
The second and final Bobby in the Midnight’s album was released three years after the debut. Bob Weir must have had a lot of fun on this one because the cast of musicians that played on this record is very impressive. The album featured musicians Bob Weir on guitar and vocals, Jeff Baxter of Steely Dan and The Doobie Brothers on guitar, and synthesizer, Paulette Brown on vocals, Billy Cobham on drums, Bobby Cochran on guitar, and vocals, Steve Cropper on guitar, Paulinho Da Costa on percussion, Chuck Domenico on bass, Jim Ehinger on keys, Kenny Gradney on bass, and vocals, Alphonso Johnson on bass, Sherlie Matthews on vocals and the Stray Cats legend Brian Setzer on guitar.
CD Track Listings:
- “(I Want to Live in) America” (John Perry Barlow, Gerrit Graham, Cochran, Weir)
- “Where the Beat Meets the Street” (Nicky Chinn, Steve Glen)
- “She’s Gonna Win Your Heart” (Billy Burnette, Mentor Williams)
- “Ain’t That Peculiar” (Warren Moore, Smokey Robinson, Bobby Rogers, Marvin Tarplin)
- “Lifeguard” (Peter Beckett, Dennis Lambert)
- “Rock in the 80’s” (Cochran)
- “Lifeline” (Frederiksen, Haselden, Medica, Roddy)
- “Falling” (Barlow, Jeff Baxter, Kenny Gradney, Weir)
- “Thunder & Lightning” (Cochran, Weir)
- “Gloria Monday” (Barlow, Baxter, Weir)
Complete List Of Bobby And The Midnights Albums And Songs article published on Classic RockHistory.com© 2023
Classicrockhistory.com claims ownership of all its original content and Intellectual property under United States Copyright laws and those of all other foreign countries. No one person, business, or organization is allowed to re-publish any of our original content anywhere on the web or in print without our permission. All photos used are either public domain Creative Commons photos or licensed officially from Shutterstock under license with ClassicRockHistory.com. All photo credits have been placed at the end of the article. Album Cover Photos are affiliate links and the property of Amazon and are stored on the Amazon server. Any theft of our content will be met with swift legal action against the infringing websites.